Thursday, May 21, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
BREAKING: Fubara Steps Down from APC Governorship Race, Pledges Support for Party Candidate Sunday Igboho Unveils 50,000-Man Security Force to Tackle Fulani Herdsmen, Bandits in Southwest BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Nigerian Army raids Edo hideouts, arrests 12 suspected kidnappers in Owan East and Esan South East LGAs during coordinated clearance operations. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Armed bandits killed a motorist, abducted two local government officials, and injured a Hajj officer in a daylight attack in Zamfara State, triggering fresh security concerns. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬βš–οΈ: Former Minister Sadiya Umar Farouq reportedly in Egypt for medical treatment, declared unfit to appear in court by her counsel. β€œI Wish I Never Sent Them To School” β€” Oyo farmer cries out after four children, daughter in law and infant grandchild were abducted during the deadly school attack in Oriire area of Oyo State. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ”«: Ogun Police storm forest hideout, kill suspected kidnap kingpin during fierce raid and recover AK 47 rifle alongside over ₦2 million cash believed to be linked to criminal operations. BREAKING: EFCC Releases Mugshots of Fleeing Ex-Minister Saleh Mamman After Arrest – Convicted 75 Years for N33.8bn Power Fraud
NEWS

FG Withdraws Charges in Two Airport Misconduct Cases After Apologies

August 13, 2025 2 min read

August 13, 2025

By Ayinde Adeleke

The Federal Government has withdrawn criminal complaints in two recent high-profile incidents of alleged unruly behaviour at Nigerian airports, following extensive consultations with aviation stakeholders and formal apologies from the individuals involved.

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), which confirmed the development on Tuesday, said the decision was reached after careful consideration of appeals from industry players and the remorse expressed by the parties.

Although the authority did not name those involved in its latest statement, both cases had earlier attracted widespread media attention and intense public debate over passenger conduct and the treatment of airline staff.

The NCAA explained that while its mandate includes strict enforcement of aviation laws under the Civil Aviation Act, it also has the discretion to consider reconciliatory and corrective approaches where such measures serve the best interest of the sector.

β€œAfter consultations with relevant stakeholders and upon receiving genuine expressions of remorse, the authority decided to withdraw the criminal complaints in the interest of fostering understanding and good relations between airlines and passengers,” the NCAA said.

However, the agency stressed that the withdrawal should not be misinterpreted as a soft stance on disruptive behaviour. β€œThis decision does not set a precedent for future cases. Passengers are strongly advised to comply with aviation safety and operational rules at all times. Any future violations will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” it warned.

The cases come amid growing concerns about the rise in incidents of passenger misconduct, prompting calls for more awareness, stricter enforcement, and improved conflict resolution within Nigeria’s aviation sector.