Saturday, May 23, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
EDITORIAL: The Igbo Mockery of Yoruba Terror Attacks – A Rebuttal BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Doctor and Wife Kidnapped in Kogi Attack – Gunmen stormed a community in Kogi State, abducting a medical doctor and his wife. πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸŽ“FUTA alumnus Dr Abdullahi Saka rises to professorial cadre at University of Westminster β€” recognition for his strong impact in construction informatics and sustainable digital construction research. JUST IN: Oyo ACCORD Issues Stern Warning to Guber Aspirant Oriyomi Hamzat Over Alleged Screening Violence Cristiano Ronaldo Ties Mayweather with $300 Million Haul as Top Athletes Earn $1.4 Billion OUTRAGE πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: FRSC Condemns Abuja Traffic Shooting by DSS Operative β€” Alleged gunshots fired during stop raise concern over conduct and safety. Amin Tijjani Muhammad, popularly known as β€œMayor”, is a political figure eyeing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) seat in the Borno State House of Assembly under the Allied Democratic Congress (ADC). UPDATE πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬βš–οΈ: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was β€œsweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy.
NEWS

Armed Men Kidnap Over 50 in South-East – Abuja Bound Luxury Buses

February 5, 2024 2 min read

South-East – Abuja bound passengers in two luxury buses have been kidnapped in Kogi State.

The incident took place at the weekend at Inele-Eteke Ogugu new road in Kogi East Senatorial District of Kogi State.

Eye witnesses said the armed groups stormed and barricaded the highway, preventing travellers from assessing the way to Abuja.

The source told Irohinoodua that the buses belonged to
GIG and ABC transport companies.

They were heading to Abuja from the South-East.

While the GIG bus left Umuahia, Abia State on Saturday en route Abuja the CIG left Anambra State also on Saturday night

The victims should not be less than 60 people, including women, children and the aged.

Kogi State Police said it was working effectively to locate the bandits.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP William Ayah, in a statement issued on Monday said all security networks in Kogi had been reactivated to track down the bandits.

He said the Police were working with hunters and vigilante in the state.

Ayah confirmed that two buses were involved in the incident.

He said the Kogi State Commissioner of Police, CP Bethrand Onuoha, had deployed additional tactical squad, made up of the Quick Response Unit, Police Mobile Force, Counter-Terrorism Unit, and other Police operatives.