Wednesday, May 20, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
BREAKING 🇳🇬⚖️: Former Minister Sadiya Umar Farouq reportedly in Egypt for medical treatment, declared unfit to appear in court by her counsel. “I Wish I Never Sent Them To School” — Oyo farmer cries out after four children, daughter in law and infant grandchild were abducted during the deadly school attack in Oriire area of Oyo State. BREAKING 🇳🇬🔫: Ogun Police storm forest hideout, kill suspected kidnap kingpin during fierce raid and recover AK 47 rifle alongside over ₦2 million cash believed to be linked to criminal operations. BREAKING: EFCC Releases Mugshots of Fleeing Ex-Minister Saleh Mamman After Arrest – Convicted 75 Years for N33.8bn Power Fraud Tinubu’s Aide Declares Oshinowo Winner of Kosofe House of Reps Ticket – APC Primary Drama Ends SOUTHWEST UNDER SIEGE: DAWN Commission Invites Stakeholders to Urgent Dialogue on Counterfeit Economy Threat “Stop Replaying Our Worst Nightmare” – Family of Beheaded Oyo Teacher Begs Public to Stop Sharing Graphic Footage FULL LIST: 46 Kidnapped Victims in Oriire School Attack, Oyo State
HEALTH

Trump Approves Free Entry for Americans to Over 110 Tourist Sites in 2026 Under ‘America-First’ Policy

December 7, 2025 2 min read

December 7, 2025
By Ayinde Adeleke

U.S. President Donald Trump has approved a new entry-access policy that will grant Americans free admission to more than 110 national parks and tourist destinations in 2026 as part of activities marking his birthday and reinforcing his administration’s “America-first” framework.

The initiative, announced through the National Park Service (NPS), designates June 14 — Trump’s birthday and also U.S. Flag Day — as a fee-free day across all participating federal tourist sites. The decision introduces a new patriotic holiday into the park system’s annual free-entry calendar.

Under the updated schedule, U.S. citizens and permanent residents will enjoy unrestricted access to major destinations including Yosemite National Park, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and other highly visited historic and natural attractions. The NPS said the move is aimed at prioritizing U.S. taxpayers who fund the park system’s operations, maintenance, and conservation programmes.

However, the 2026 adjustment also eliminates two long-standing fee-free holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth. Both dates previously allowed universal free access but will no longer be part of the cost-exempt calendar. The revision has drawn criticism from civil-rights groups and some lawmakers, who argue that removing holidays tied to Black history undermines national recognition of their significance.

In line with the broader “America-first” policy, international visitors will not benefit from the new free-entry privileges. Instead, non-residents will face increased fees, including a $100 surcharge at some of the most popular U.S. parks beginning January 1, 2026. Annual passes for foreigners will also attract higher costs, while domestic passes remain unchanged.

The NPS said revenue from international visitor fees will be used to boost infrastructure, preservation projects, and environmental protection in parks that have experienced rising operational costs.

The announcement has triggered nationwide debate, with supporters describing the move as a patriotic incentive for Americans, while critics say the decision politicizes a public heritage system that historically celebrates unity and shared national values.