Wednesday, May 20, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Nigerian Army raids Edo hideouts, arrests 12 suspected kidnappers in Owan East and Esan South East LGAs during coordinated clearance operations. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Armed bandits killed a motorist, abducted two local government officials, and injured a Hajj officer in a daylight attack in Zamfara State, triggering fresh security concerns. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬βš–οΈ: Former Minister Sadiya Umar Farouq reportedly in Egypt for medical treatment, declared unfit to appear in court by her counsel. β€œI Wish I Never Sent Them To School” β€” Oyo farmer cries out after four children, daughter in law and infant grandchild were abducted during the deadly school attack in Oriire area of Oyo State. BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ”«: Ogun Police storm forest hideout, kill suspected kidnap kingpin during fierce raid and recover AK 47 rifle alongside over ₦2 million cash believed to be linked to criminal operations. BREAKING: EFCC Releases Mugshots of Fleeing Ex-Minister Saleh Mamman After Arrest – Convicted 75 Years for N33.8bn Power Fraud Tinubu’s Aide Declares Oshinowo Winner of Kosofe House of Reps Ticket – APC Primary Drama Ends SOUTHWEST UNDER SIEGE: DAWN Commission Invites Stakeholders to Urgent Dialogue on Counterfeit Economy Threat
NEWS

Terrorists Target Top Dogs: Elite Lagos Schools Attended by Politicians’ Kids Forced to Shut Down Over Bomb Threats

January 24, 2026 2 min read

By Ademola Adekusibe
24 January, 2025

Two prominent Lagos schools, Grange School and Avi-Cenna School, were shut on security grounds after receiving threats of a bomb and fire explosion from unknown persons.

The affected schools, which are attended by children of members of Nigeria’s ruling class, announced the closures in separate messages to parents and guardians, citing safety concerns. Lagos has largely remained one of the most peaceful states in the country, and it was unclear if the threats were linked to terrorist activities elsewhere in Nigeria.

Avi-Cenna School disclosed that it received a text message threatening a fire explosion. The management immediately contacted the police, who deployed a special unit to the school. Although security operatives later declared the premises safe after a thorough assessment, the school opted to remain closed for the day.

β€œWe received a threat message and immediately informed the police, who deployed their special unit to the school. Although they confirmed the premises are safe, we’ve decided to close the school for today,” the management said.

Grange School also announced its closure, stating that the decision was taken as a responsible precaution. The school, however, assured parents that online classes would continue, with teachers communicating directly if any virtual lessons were scheduled.

The Lagos State Police Command later confirmed that the threat had been neutralized. Police spokesperson Abimbola Adebisi said teams from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit and the Rapid Response Squad conducted a comprehensive sweep of the schools and found no Improvised Explosive Devices or hazardous materials.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Olohundare Jimoh, has ordered a full investigation to track and arrest those responsible for sending the threat messages. Authorities and school managements emphasized that the safety and well-being of students, staff, and families remain their top priority.