Saturday, May 23, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
EDITORIAL: The Igbo Mockery of Yoruba Terror Attacks – A Rebuttal BREAKING πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: Doctor and Wife Kidnapped in Kogi Attack – Gunmen stormed a community in Kogi State, abducting a medical doctor and his wife. πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸŽ“FUTA alumnus Dr Abdullahi Saka rises to professorial cadre at University of Westminster β€” recognition for his strong impact in construction informatics and sustainable digital construction research. JUST IN: Oyo ACCORD Issues Stern Warning to Guber Aspirant Oriyomi Hamzat Over Alleged Screening Violence Cristiano Ronaldo Ties Mayweather with $300 Million Haul as Top Athletes Earn $1.4 Billion OUTRAGE πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸš¨: FRSC Condemns Abuja Traffic Shooting by DSS Operative β€” Alleged gunshots fired during stop raise concern over conduct and safety. Amin Tijjani Muhammad, popularly known as β€œMayor”, is a political figure eyeing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) seat in the Borno State House of Assembly under the Allied Democratic Congress (ADC). UPDATE πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬βš–οΈ: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was β€œsweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy.
NEWS

Ondo Amotekun Dismisses 3 Personnel for Professional Misconduct

March 26, 2024 2 min read

Three operatives of the Ondo State Security Network code-named ‘Amotekun Corps’ have been dismissed for professional misconduct.

Details of their offences were not made known, but Commander of the Amotekun Corps, Akogun Adeleye Adetunji, said normal processes of court marshall were carried out.

Adetunji said adequate punishment would be meted out to the erring operatives after their dismissal.

He spoke when he paraded seven suspects held for human trafficking, stealing, and robbery.

The Ondo Amotekun boss said the penalty for what the three operatives did was outright dismissal and that they were dismissed accordingly.

He disclosed that a total of 700 Amotekun operatives would be deployed across the state for 24-hour patrol ahead of the Easter celebrations.

He said: β€œOur parade today is more of sensitization, we have seven suspected criminals and we want to inform the public that you should assist us so that we can assist you too. We recovered a vehicle which was attacked by armed bandits.

β€œWhile a lot of electronic equipment had been stolen from the residents of the community, and we decided to manhunt around the community, this happened around 2 am and by 5 am we were able to retrieve a lot of things that were stolen.

β€œAnd this is to reconfirm that response to distress calls is actually working for us in order to reduce crime to a minimum.”

On the issue of state police, the Amotekun boss said all departments were ready for effective take-off of state police in the state.

β€œWe have an advanced argument that the State Police is the solution to security challenges in the country. One of the major factors of our success is our knowledge of the local terrain. We know when visitors come in and we can profile the person. Grassroots insecurity solution. All departments are ready for effective take-off of state police in Ondo state”, he said.