Sunday, May 24, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
EDITORIAL: The Igbo Mockery of Yoruba Terror Attacks – A Rebuttal BREAKING 🇳🇬🚨: Doctor and Wife Kidnapped in Kogi Attack – Gunmen stormed a community in Kogi State, abducting a medical doctor and his wife. 🇳🇬 🇬🇧🎓FUTA alumnus Dr Abdullahi Saka rises to professorial cadre at University of Westminster — recognition for his strong impact in construction informatics and sustainable digital construction research. JUST IN: Oyo ACCORD Issues Stern Warning to Guber Aspirant Oriyomi Hamzat Over Alleged Screening Violence Cristiano Ronaldo Ties Mayweather with $300 Million Haul as Top Athletes Earn $1.4 Billion OUTRAGE 🇳🇬🚨: FRSC Condemns Abuja Traffic Shooting by DSS Operative — Alleged gunshots fired during stop raise concern over conduct and safety. Amin Tijjani Muhammad, popularly known as “Mayor”, is a political figure eyeing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) seat in the Borno State House of Assembly under the Allied Democratic Congress (ADC). UPDATE 🇳🇬⚖️: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was “sweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy.
NEWS

Napoli Reject Chelsea’s Lukaku Plus Cash Offer for Osimhen

April 8, 2024 2 min read

According to Napoli Magazine, Napoli have rejected Chelsea’s offer for Nigeria international, Victor Osimhen.

The club’s magazine reported that the English Premier League side offered Belgium striker, Romelu Lukaku, plus cash deal to tempt Napoli to part ways with their star striker.

Osimhen has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea and Arsenal as both teams prioritise a striker at the end of the season.

However, the Blues have reportedly made an offer for the Nigerian which was immediately turned down by the Serie A champions.

“As reported by Il Mattino, Chelsea are one of the teams most interested in Victor Osimhen, Napoli striker, for next season,” the website wrote.

“The English club would like to include a quid pro quo in the negotiation to lower the price of the price, but the Azzurri are not interested in Romelu Lukaku, so the Blues would have thought of including Armando Broja who had already been linked to the Azzurri team in the past”, it added.

Last season, Osimhen scored 26 Serie A goals in 32 appearances as he helped Napoli win their first league title in 33 years but has only managed 11 goals and three assists in 18 appearances in the Italian topflight league this campaign.

Osimhen only signed a new contract at Napoli at the start of the year with his release clause set around €130m.

It is expected that Chelsea will make another offer for Osimhen as they hope to beat competition from Paris Saint Germain, Manchester United, Arsenal and Real Madrid who have all been linked with a move for the 2023 African Footballer of the Year.

Meanwhile, according to Dario Canovi, Thiago Motta’s representative, PSG are said to be leading the race for Osimhen as the striker has told Roberto Calenda (his agent) to start the groundwork for a move to the French giants.