Saturday, May 23, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
Cristiano Ronaldo Ties Mayweather with $300 Million Haul as Top Athletes Earn $1.4 Billion OUTRAGE 🇳🇬🚨: FRSC Condemns Abuja Traffic Shooting by DSS Operative — Alleged gunshots fired during stop raise concern over conduct and safety. Amin Tijjani Muhammad, popularly known as “Mayor”, is a political figure eyeing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) seat in the Borno State House of Assembly under the Allied Democratic Congress (ADC). UPDATE 🇳🇬⚖️: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was “sweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy. “West Africa is becoming a major global drug trafficking corridor after Nigeria’s $360 million meth lab bust,” Tinubu warns. BREAKING 🌍🔥: Seyi Vibez becomes Africa’s most streamed artist on Audiomack — Oluwaloseyi keeps choking the charts 🥵❤️ BREAKING 🇳🇬⚫: Abia Nursing Student Wendy Achumba Found Beheaded in Imo Apartment – Police launch investigation into brutal killing and begin manhunt for suspects. BIG STAGE 🇳🇬⚽: Ex Internationals Cup Kicks Off in Lagos – Nigerian football legends return to action as veterans light up the pitch in a star packed showdown 💪🏆
BUSINESS

Gunmen Abduct Kwara Businessman, Worker

September 26, 2023 2 min read

Gunmen on Sunday night attacked and abducted a businessman identified as Sikiru Bosere and one of his workers in the ancient town of Jebba in Moro Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The incident, it was gathered, occurred around 10:30 pm on Sunday when they were about to drive into their residence.

Sikiru, who deals in charcoals which he exports to other countries, was taken away by the gunmen along with his assistant identified as Philemon.

A source disclosed that the kidnappers had laid ambush around his residence at Labour Camp, Jebba and attacked them while his boy was about to open the gate when they arrived.

“The boy tried to escape but was seriously beaten. The kidnappers later whisked them into the bush through the second gate in the house. Nobody could go close to them because of the way they were shooting sporadically”, the source said.

One of the boys of the charcoal exporter (name withheld) revealed to our correspondent that the second victim was later released following Bosere’s plea.

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident on Monday, saying that one of the victims had been rescued.

He said that the police had since launched a search-and-rescue operation.

“A case of kidnapping was received early this morning. One victim has already been rescued while efforts are ongoing to rescue the remaining victim and possible arrest of the kidnappers,” Okasanmi said.

Source: The Punch