Friday, May 22, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
OFFICIAL: Al Nassr Win Saudi Pro League Title – First Championship Since Ronaldo’s Arrival Yoruba Excellence on Full Display: Meet Professor Segun Aina, the 40-Year-Old Genius with PhD, UK Degrees Now JAMB Registrar “I Nearly Lost My Life in the Struggle Against Military Rule” – Adewale Adeoye Celebrates First Award Alongside Soyinka, Tinubu, Fela, Others JUST IN: Adelabu Secures Massive Win in Ibadan South West LG as APC Primary Results Roll In Adelabu Continues Winning Streak in Oluyole LGA, Crushes Oba Sharafadeen Alli Adebayo Adelabu Humiliates Oba Sharafadeen Alli in Ona Ara LG – Landslide Victory Recorded BREAKING: Adelabu Floors Oba Sharafadeen Alli in Local Government As Oyo APC Guber Primary Results Trickle In BREAKING: “A Man Bought ₦30,000 Beans and Bread and Took It Into the Forest” – Lawmaker Warned Makinde in 2022 About Strange Movements in Old Oyo Park
NEWS

Boko Haram Ambushes Civilian Joint Task Force in Borno, Kills Eight, Seizes Weapons

November 21, 2025 2 min read

November 21, 2025
By Ayinde Adeleke

Eight members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) have been confirmed dead following an ambush by Boko Haram insurgents in Borno State.

According to security sources, the incident occurred on Tuesday when a CJTF patrol team was conducting routine surveillance in a community located within one of the long-established conflict corridors in the state. The insurgents were reported to have laid in wait for the team and opened fire as the patrol approached the area.

The sudden attack overwhelmed the CJTF personnel, leading to the death of eight members, while others were forced to withdraw to safety. The insurgents seized weapons and other operational equipment before escaping into nearby forested terrain.

Residents in the affected community said they heard sustained gunfire and alerted security agencies, prompting the Nigerian military to dispatch reinforcement to the location. Troops have since cordoned off the area and launched a clearance operation aimed at tracking the attackers and preventing further movement of insurgent elements.

A senior security officer monitoring the situation said the ambush reflects the continued attempts by Boko Haram to reassert presence in remote parts of Borno, despite ongoing counterinsurgency efforts.

Local authorities and CJTF leadership are working with the military to assess the incident and re-strategize deployment patterns in the affected axis. No official government statement had been released as of the time of filing this report.

Security operations in the region have been intensified, with surveillance aircraft and ground patrols deployed to forestall additional attacks and reassure nearby communities.