Sanwo-Olu Gives Details of Lagos Market Trader Money

The Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has set out details of the state ‘Market Trader Money’, including the beneficiaries and the criteria for choosing them.

Lagos State, according to information obtained from the governor’s X handle, supported 15,000 market traders with a sum of N50,000.00 each.

Beneficiaries, he stated, were selected through a methodical process targeted at 200 beneficiaries from markets in each LGA/LCDA in addition to 50 beneficiaries that were selected by the Iyaloja/Babaloja-General in each LGA/LCDA, making a total of 14,250 market traders.

750 beneficiaries were identified from markets within the Police Barracks and military formations across the state, bringing the total number of beneficiaries to 15,000, Sanwo-Olu volunteered.

“74% of the beneficiaries are women while the remaining 26% are men. 33.7% of these are below 40 years while 66.3% are above 40 years

“Payment goes straight to beneficiaries accounts”, he stated, adding that details of all beneficiaries were readily available.