Friday, May 22, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
UPDATE 🇳🇬⚖️: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was “sweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy. “West Africa is becoming a major global drug trafficking corridor after Nigeria’s $360 million meth lab bust,” Tinubu warns. BREAKING 🌍🔥: Seyi Vibez becomes Africa’s most streamed artist on Audiomack — Oluwaloseyi keeps choking the charts 🥵❤️ BREAKING 🇳🇬⚫: Abia Nursing Student Wendy Achumba Found Beheaded in Imo Apartment – Police launch investigation into brutal killing and begin manhunt for suspects. BIG STAGE 🇳🇬⚽: Ex Internationals Cup Kicks Off in Lagos – Nigerian football legends return to action as veterans light up the pitch in a star packed showdown 💪🏆 “Kidnappings in Oyo were carried out by terrorists displaced by intensified military operations nationwide.” — Defence Headquarters BREAKING 🇳🇬🏛️: Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has reportedly dropped Ambassador Abdulfatai Yahaya Seriki of the Ilorin Emirate axis and is now backing Yakubu Danladi-Salihu from the Baruten/Borgu axis of Kwara North as his preferred successor for the 2027 governorship election. Danladi is expected to face other APC aspirants in today’s party primaries amid rising succession tension within the ruling party. “Enough Of The Bloodshed, Yorubaland Is Under Siege” — Isese Welfare Association blasts South West governors and demands urgent adoption of indigenous Yoruba security and intelligence systems rooted in Ifa tradition, declaring that “our ancestors did not build Yorubaland for criminals to take over” after the abduction of teachers and pupils during coordinated school attacks in Oriire Local Government Area.
NEWS

Soldier Kills Wife, 2 Children, 10 Others For Burying Son in His Absence

July 24, 2023 2 min read

13 people have lost their lives in a shooting spree during a burial ceremony in north-eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

A soldier opened fire on family members and others who had buried his son before he could arrive home to attend the ceremony, killing 13 people, including 10 children, officials said Sunday.

According to reports, the attack late Saturday left the soldier’s wife, in-laws and two of his children dead, before he turned his weapon on other civilians, said Lt. Jules Ngongo, a spokesman for the army in Ituri province, where the killings took place. The soldier was not identified. The soldier arrived home from his post at another village in the province to find family and community members gathered in mourning for his son, who died Thursday of natural causes, said Baraka Muguwa Oscar, the local village chief.

“This soldier did not like the fact that his son … was buried without his approval and in his absence,” Oscar said.

Elements of the Congolese army were dispatched to apprehend the soldier, a member of the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo, or FARDC, who fled the scene after the attack.

“No matter what the case, the time or the circumstances, you can’t take a person’s life. This is an act of indiscipline that will be dealt with by the courts,” said Ngongo, the army spokesperson.

Fighting in eastern Congo has been simmering for decades as more than 120 groups fight for power, land and valuable mineral resources, while others try to defend their communities.

Earlier this week, the United Nations warned of a surge in violence in the country’s North-East.