15-year-old Girl Electrocuted to Death – Ogun PPRO

The Lafenwa Division of the Ogun State Police Command has reported that one Miracle Ogbonna, tragically died from electrocution.

According to the report narrated by one Onyekachi Silas, Miracle Ogbonna was electrocuted after coming in contact with a naked cable wire from a pumping machine embedded in the well while fetching water.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, disclosed this in a statement issued on the force X handle on Monday, April 1.

The statement reads: “A case of electrocution was reported to the Divisional Police Officer of Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas “m” of Olomore Housing Estate, Abeokuta.

“Onyekachi narrated to the DPO that his younger brother called him on phone on the 31/03/24 at about 23:50hrs that one Miracle Ogbonna “f” 15 years, who is also the brother’s wife’s younger sister and residing with them.

“He further stated that there was a power outage in the house, and Miracle went to the Well to fetch water In process of Miracle fetching water, power was restored by IBEDC.

“Miracle was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine imbedded in the Well. She was rescued and rushed to Rose Hospital, where the duty Doctor confirmed her dead.

“No further details yet about the negligent circumstances of embedding a naked wire into a Well. Investigation has commenced and the corpse have been deposited at Oke Lantoro morgue.”

Source: X | OgunPoliceNG