Saturday, May 23, 2026
FB X LI YT
Breaking
Cristiano Ronaldo Ties Mayweather with $300 Million Haul as Top Athletes Earn $1.4 Billion OUTRAGE 🇳🇬🚨: FRSC Condemns Abuja Traffic Shooting by DSS Operative — Alleged gunshots fired during stop raise concern over conduct and safety. Amin Tijjani Muhammad, popularly known as “Mayor”, is a political figure eyeing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) seat in the Borno State House of Assembly under the Allied Democratic Congress (ADC). UPDATE 🇳🇬⚖️: Kano Rep Alhassan Ado Doguwa denies substance allegations over viral blue tongue clip, insisting it was “sweet blue candy” and blaming political enemies for the controversy. “West Africa is becoming a major global drug trafficking corridor after Nigeria’s $360 million meth lab bust,” Tinubu warns. BREAKING 🌍🔥: Seyi Vibez becomes Africa’s most streamed artist on Audiomack — Oluwaloseyi keeps choking the charts 🥵❤️ BREAKING 🇳🇬⚫: Abia Nursing Student Wendy Achumba Found Beheaded in Imo Apartment – Police launch investigation into brutal killing and begin manhunt for suspects. BIG STAGE 🇳🇬⚽: Ex Internationals Cup Kicks Off in Lagos – Nigerian football legends return to action as veterans light up the pitch in a star packed showdown 💪🏆
EDUCATION

Sanwo-Olu Promises to Rebuild Army Primary School

October 10, 2023 2 min read

The Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has pledged to rebuild the Nigerian Army Primary School demolished during the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

The governor said this when the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, led a delegation of the Nigerian Army on a courtesy visit to the Lagos House, Marina, on Monday.

Lagbaja, who appreciated Sanwo-Olu for his support for the Army and his developmental strides, including the Blue Line rail and the Red Line rail, appealed to the governor to rebuild the demolished school.

“In 2008/2009 when the Badagry Expressway was being expanded, there was an understanding between the Nigerian Army and the Lagos State Government to demolish part of our fence.

“Part of our fence and two barracks were demolished with the understanding that the Lagos State government would rebuild the primary school that was demolished,” the COAS noted.

He said the fence had been rebuilt, “but for the primary school, the contractor worked up to an extent and abandoned the site, so, that site has been abandoned for over 10 years now.

“So, I want to plead with Your Excellency to take a look at it with a view to getting the contractor to get back to the site because that school is for the benefit of not only our children at the barracks but also for the host community.”

Responding to the request, Sanwo-Olu said, “On the issue of the primary school rebuilding, you can take it for granted that it will be immediately looked into,” adding, “We will work with the GOC, and the Chief of Staff office will get to do that as soon as possible and we will give a befitting school to our pupils and to all the entire neighbourhood there.”